Beth Comstock: An Outsider Inside
As Beth Comstock sees it, most companies simply aren’t ready for the massive change happening in the world. After nearly three decades in senior leadership roles at GE and NBC Universal, she’s learned a lot from her successes (and failures) in navigating change and fostering creativity. It’s why she wrote her book, Imagine It Forward: Courage, Creativity, and the Power of Change. Comstock joins the podcast to share ideas from her book and why she describes herself as an “outsider inside.”
Listen to this episode to learn:
- Why fear hinders your ability to change and innovate
- From Hulu to green tech: stories about how to push for change and fight for the future
- How to inspire innovators (even when they think they’re Steve Jobs)
- What Saudi women and Brooklyn entrepreneurs taught her about innovation
- Comstock’s GE legacy and where her journey (or, walkabout) will take her next
You may be interested in:
Customer Experience Lessons Retailers Can Learn From the World’s Best Companies
by Rieva Lesonsky
Small Business Trends
How can your retail store deliver a best-in-class customer experience? Learn from the best, that’s how. Global customer agency C Space recently released its report on the best customer experiences of 2018, and retailers dominated the top companies on the list. Nine of the top 25 companies were retailers: Trader Joe’s, L.L. Bean, Nordstrom, Amazon, Costco, REI, Bath & Body Works, Sephora and Aldi.
Best Agency Above £20m and Best Place to Work: C Space
by Katie McQuater
At the 2018 MRS Research Live Awards, C Space was awarded Best Agency with a turnover above £20m and was also named Best Place to Work.