Jeff Blau, CEO, Related: Building a City of the Future
Is Hudson Yards the future of urban living? New York City’s newest neighborhood is now home to L’Oréal, SAP, Blackrock, Time Warner, and Coach, just to name a few. Famous chefs are opening restaurants. There’s residential space, public art, green space, retail shops, and a huge arts center called The Shed. Jeff Blau is the CEO of Related, the company behind Hudson Yards. He joins the podcast to talk about what went into the 10+ year process of planning, designing, and “curating” the world’s most ambitious real estate project.
Listen to this episode to learn:
- How Related built “critical mass” by designing areas that compliment each other
- The thinking that went into the Vessel, the beehive-looking experiential art piece you’ve seen on Instagram
- How Jeff and his team pivoted from their original marketing strategy after learning the top priority of hundreds of CEOs
- Why brick and mortar retail is alive and well
- The insight that inspired the first-ever Equinox hotel, and why it’s primed to disrupt the hospitality industry
- What’s next in Related’s pipeline, including new developments in London, Chicago, Silicon Valley, and Boston’s Seaport neighborhood
You may be interested in:
BAT companies prove the case for customer-centrism
by Felix Koch (C Space)
Alibaba, Baidu and Tencent have built multi-billion dollar businesses by putting the customer—not the advertiser—at the centre of their thinking, and Western platforms should take note.