Kate O’Neill: Rise of the Tech Humanist
Understanding what makes humans “human” is an essential question for any company today. Especially the ones embarking on a digital transformation — or any tech initiative. This is the subject of Kate O’Neill’s book, Tech Humanist: How You Can Make Technology Better for Business and Better for Humans. O’Neill, an author, keynote speaker, and strategic advisor, joins the podcast to explain why we need a new type of leader: the Tech Humanist. And why human experience, perspective, and empathy are the best guides for digital innovation.
Listen to this episode to learn:
- What Best Buy, Starbucks, Apple, and Southwest Airlines get right about customer experience
- Why the act of “creating meaning” is so important to designing digital experiences
- The trade-offs between convenience and data privacy
- Why we need “benevolent business,” not “benevolent robots”
- Why measuring a company’s success based on profit alone is inherently one-dimensional
- The flaws and risks in taking a tech-led, rather than a research-led, approach to digital transformation
More information on Tech Humanist: www.koinsights.com/techhumanistbook/
You may be interested in:
10 Podcasts That Will Change Your Business Life For The Better
by Laura Garnett
A great way to stay connected to current business trends and news is listening to podcasts. There’s no shortage of channels to tune into, so here is a list of some of the top podcasts – including Outside In with Charles Trevail.