Kate O’Neill: Rise of the Tech Humanist
Understanding what makes humans “human” is an essential question for any company today. Especially the ones embarking on a digital transformation — or any tech initiative. This is the subject of Kate O’Neill’s book, Tech Humanist: How You Can Make Technology Better for Business and Better for Humans. O’Neill, an author, keynote speaker, and strategic advisor, joins the podcast to explain why we need a new type of leader: the Tech Humanist. And why human experience, perspective, and empathy are the best guides for digital innovation.
Listen to this episode to learn:
- What Best Buy, Starbucks, Apple, and Southwest Airlines get right about customer experience
- Why the act of “creating meaning” is so important to designing digital experiences
- The trade-offs between convenience and data privacy
- Why we need “benevolent business,” not “benevolent robots”
- Why measuring a company’s success based on profit alone is inherently one-dimensional
- The flaws and risks in taking a tech-led, rather than a research-led, approach to digital transformation
More information on Tech Humanist: www.koinsights.com/techhumanistbook/
You may be interested in:
The Better Why: Insight Meets Activism
Last month, Customer Agency C Space published The Better Why report – a piece of industry-leading thought leadership around how the current crisis has changed customers and business – and what this means for insight. C Space’s UK Managing Director Kathryn Blanshard explains more.
A closer look at the first steps in C Space’s DEI journey
by Leah Ben-Ami (C Space)
Leah Ben-Ami is the Director of Learning at C Space, a customer agency focused on putting their client’s customers at the center of the work it does, and the way C Space approaches the work. Here’s a look at the 10 steps the organization took to improving DEI, as told by Leah:
A sense of community
by Bronwen Morgan
Online research communities offer businesses a means of getting closer to their customers, generating insight and validating research findings – but they can also foster connection and empathy in uncertain times. C Space’s regional CEO Felix Koch shares his thoughts.