Rita McGrath: Inflection Spotting
Any company can detect early warning signs of a looming inflection point. They just need to know where to look and when to act. So says Columbia Business School professor and author Rita McGrath. She returns to the podcast for a discussion about her new book, Seeing Around Corners – giving advice on how to spot inflection points early, decide what to do, and get an organization on board. She shares stories of how companies like Nike, Netflix, and Microsoft have all taken advantage of inflection points, and common barriers to spotting them.
Listen to this episode to learn:
- What is an inflection point?
- Advice for business leaders on how to position yourself at the “edges” of your organization
- How inflection points make the “taken-for-granted assumptions about a business irrelevant”
- The three inflection points that propelled Netflix to success — and the fourth one on the horizon
- How Satya Nadella transformed Microsoft’s future by rethinking its “leading indicators”
- Why climate change is one inflection point businesses can no longer afford to ignore
For more information on Seeing Around Corners.
You may be interested in:
The Better Why: Insight Meets Activism
Last month, Customer Agency C Space published The Better Why report – a piece of industry-leading thought leadership around how the current crisis has changed customers and business – and what this means for insight. C Space’s UK Managing Director Kathryn Blanshard explains more.
A closer look at the first steps in C Space’s DEI journey
by Leah Ben-Ami (C Space)
Leah Ben-Ami is the Director of Learning at C Space, a customer agency focused on putting their client’s customers at the center of the work it does, and the way C Space approaches the work. Here’s a look at the 10 steps the organization took to improving DEI, as told by Leah:
A sense of community
by Bronwen Morgan
Online research communities offer businesses a means of getting closer to their customers, generating insight and validating research findings – but they can also foster connection and empathy in uncertain times. C Space’s regional CEO Felix Koch shares his thoughts.