Thomas Buberl, CEO, AXA: Responding to Risks in a Volatile World
All around us, risk is increasing along with growing instability and volatility. Cyber crime, climate change, and social division are just some of the major threats we face. Thomas Buberl, CEO of AXA, one of the world’s largest insurance and financial services companies, says that the company’s success hinges on helping customers reduce their risk to threats. In an industry that has historically leveraged risk to its own advantage, Buberl believes it’s time for a new approach: move from payer to partner. Building a partnership with customers, he says, helps them to live better (and less risky) lives. For a Fortune 50 company like AXA, which serves more than 100 million customers in 63 countries, how exactly does that happen? Buberl joins the podcast to explain how his role and the company mission is changing in “the golden age of insurance.”
Listen to this episode to learn:
- Real-world applications of moving from payer to partner
- How the consequences of issues like climate change and societal division affect the risk in our lives
- Why Buberl became a founding member of the Climate Finance Leadership Initiative, and the purpose behind the organization
- The shifting purpose of CEOs (should they focus on “excitement”?)
- Why “iconic moves” can make a brand promise tangible and visible
- Strategies and advice for how business leaders can stay close to global employees
You may be interested in:
Recipe For Successful Parental Leave: Embed A Culture Of Support So That Parents Don’t Leave!
by Joy Burnford
Our UK Managing Director, Kathryn Blanshard, shares her tips on the key ingredients for parental success.