Zuora CEO: The Subscription Economy
Netflix. Spotify. Amazon Prime. These days, we don’t buy, we subscribe. Tien Tzuo, founder and CEO of Zuora, has a name for it: the Subscription Economy. Subscription models open up more choices and new experiences for consumers, and huge financial opportunities for companies that rethink their entire business model around the customer. On the podcast, Tzuo talks about his new book, “SUBSCRIBED: Why the Subscription Model Will be Your Company’s Future – and What to Do About It,” and explains what it will take for any company to thrive in the Subscription Economy.
Listen to this episode to learn:
- Why the subscription model isn’t about “renting” your product, but rethinking business around customers’ needs
- How companies like Fender and Adobe have transformed their business models into subscription-based
- What Tzuo learned about subscriptions as employee #11 at Salesforce
- Why governments — and citizens — can benefit from the subscription model
- Why the old ways of market research will die in the subscription economy
You may be interested in:
C Space launches ‘Customer as a Service’ scheme
UK – Global customer agency C Space has consolidated its insight offering by launching a new toolkit, ‘Customer as a Service’ (CaaS).