Tom Siebel: What Exactly is Digital Transformation?
In the corporate world, it’s evolve or die. Since 2000, 52% of Fortune 500 companies have either been acquired, merged, or gone bankrupt. Tom Siebel believes digital transformation is to the corporate world what a “mass extinction event” is to the evolution of life on Earth. That’s the thesis the tech industry icon and CEO of C3.ai lays out in his new book, Digital Transformation: Survive and Thrive in an Era of Mass Extinction. Siebel’s aim is to create a common understanding of digital transformation — what it is and how organizations can take advantage of it. He joins the podcast to discuss how the application of a new generation of information technology — comprised of elastic cloud computing, big data, the Internet of Things, and artificial intelligence — will completely change business as we know it.
Listen to this episode to learn:
- How “punctuated equilibrium” explains today’s massive disruption and change in how businesses operate, create and deliver products to customers
- The one thing that all successful digital transformation initiatives have in common
- How organizations like 3M, Amazon, and the U.S. Air Force are successfully transforming
- Why precision medicine will revolutionize healthcare but also open up major privacy and security concerns
- The consumer and citizen benefits — and dangers — of our digital era
- Common reasons why CEOs fail or succeed at transforming their company
- Tom’s advice on leadership and how to create a culture that unites and inspires a diverse and multi-generational workforce
For more information on Digital Transformation.
You may be interested in:
Customer Values: Q&A with Peter Fader, Professor of Marketing, The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania
Research experts even more vital in big data era
by James Gordon
For companies to add value through data science, they still need market researchers to interpret the “what” from the “why”. C Space Regional CEO, EMEA & APAC, Felix Koch provides comment.